Some of the ways that I handle major writing assignments would be planning them out. Making a list of everything that needs to be included into the essay. Usually I write out all of my ideas for the paper and then use that for ideas while I'm writing. While I'm writing an essay, I'm not very confident in what I'm writing about and my abilities. One of my strengths is being able to plan out my writing. A weakness of my writing would be that I have to make sure everything is perfect on the first draft, but it's not necessary then. I would just like to improve all of my writing abilities overall. I'm not a big fan of the normal writing process. I like to write my whole paper as one without an mistakes instead of having multiple drafts.
Some of the things I'm hoping to learn in this class would be how to write better thesis statements. Also, learning more about where to put punctuation. At this time, I feel like most of my questions that I had have been answered by you or on the syllabus
We will be emphasizing the writing process. It's something hard to cope with, but it's also important. The sad reality with writing is that no matter how good you are, you can't do it all correctly the first time. It would be nice if it worked that way, and there may even be some college classes where you don't really edit a paper but still get a good grade, but writing only gets better with reading and editing. Don't worry, Shea. We'll be doing plenty of that! :-)
ReplyDelete10/10